- over a period of 1,400 years
- over a span of 40 generations
- by over 40 authors from all walks of life such as kings, peasants, philosophers, poets, fishermen, statesmen, scholars, a doctor, and businessmen
- on three continents – Asia, Africa and Europe
- in many different places such as dungeons, palaces, while traveling, the wilderness, etc.
- during a variety of moods including sorrow, joy, anger, excitement, and tranquility
- in three languages – Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek?
Yet, amazingly there is surprising continuity. What I mean by that is that from the first book, Genesis, written about 1,400 hundred years before Christ to the last book, Revelation, written almost 100 years after Christ there is one unifying theme woven throughout. That theme is redemption. Someone is coming to purchase back something that has been lost, by paying a ransom. That Person is Jesus Christ and He paid the ransom in His own precious blood. And so this Book from cover to cover is the story of a Person, Jesus Christ, the Son of God and what He has done for us and what He has yet to do! Yes, Jesus loves me, for the bible tells me so!